People often ask what they should do if they are in an accident. Here are five things you should do if you are involved in an accident.
- Call 911 if anyone’s injured. If not, then you might call 311.
- Look for witnesses right away. Are there any third party independent witnesses that saw the accident? If so, you want to go up to them and get their contact information. I can tell you a lot of times the witnesses don’t stick around and wait for the police so you want their contact information. They can be on your side and tell the cops what they witnessed the accident. So get witnesses and get their contact information.
- Take pictures. Pictures of your vehicle. Pictures of the other vehicle. Pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident before they are moved, meaning what they look like right after the accident and before tow trucks come, or people move to the side of the road or pull over. You want to get pictures of exactly what happened, what it looks like right after the impact occurs.
- Do not post on social media about the accident. Don’t do it. Don’t do it. Don’t do it. I have to say this a lot because it has come up many, many times. Just so you know, if you post on social media, the other side can and will find it and it is admissible in a court of law. So be very careful.
- Call your attorney right away. If you’re in an accident, call me. I can help guide you and make sure you are receiving proper treatment. We do offer complimentary consults, either in person or on the phone. You can schedule them through our website or call our office.
Share this with the world: